Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) – is a highly specialized and gentle massage technique used to increase lymph flow and encourage the natural drainage of the lymph from the body tissues. It is a very safe and effective technique that is useful for many conditions where lymph flow may be compromised, such as lymphedema, swollen limbs caused by a variety of different things, in diabetics, sports injuries, postsurgical, etc. MLD drains excess fluid from the tissues and also has a detoxifying effect. It is beneficial to healthy individuals, and can be used to effectively treat a variety of different conditions. The therapeutic effects of manual lymphatic drainage is well documented and prescribed by top physicians in Europe, Canada, and the United States.
Why do I recommend it?
- Removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- Through its gentle rhythmical and precise hand movements, lymphatic therapy works to alleviate pain by greatly reducing then pain signals sent to the brain.
- Relaxation of the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- Supports and enhances the immune system
- Promotes healing from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions, and edema